Thank you for your interest in our shop
Please read this entire page before placing an international order.
Switch the site from Japanese or English by clicking the corresponding flag icon from the top menu bar. In English mode, click CHOOSE KNIFE from the same menu bar to navigate to the main item page.
Placing an Order
By placing an order through our online shop, you are sending an ORDER REQUEST. One of our English speaking staff will then contact you by email to confirm your order. We want to make sure you understand the items you are ordering, as we sometimes get customers mistaking a single bevel deba knife (fish fillet knife) for a general purpose knife and left handed users buying a right handed knife. Exchanging items after they have been internationally shipped can get expensive for you, so we kindly ask to please read the policies below before proceeding with an order.
Once your order is confirmed, we will issue an electronic invoice via PayPal or Square. If you do not have a PayPal account, the Square invoice can be paid with a credit card.
International Order Policies:
- We ship using DHL express. Shipping fees depend on the weight of the package and your shipping address.
- We do not ship to every single country in the world, but do ship to most countries. Feel free to email us with questions regarding shipping to your country.
- Shipping fees are calculated once we have received the order request and know the items you wish to purchase and your shipping details. Shipping fees start from 2,800 JPY.
- We handle all online payments through PayPal or Square. If you do not have a PayPal account, please let us know after we have contacted you through email.
- All packages we export from Japan to your country will be subject to your country’s import taxes.
- We are not responsible for knowing your import tax laws and are not responsible for any of these additional charges your country may impose on the package.
- We cannot and will not falsify any invoices or paperwork to try and avoid these taxes, such as labeling as a gift or lowering the cost of an item.
- Since items are being exported and subject to your country’s taxes, all items we invoice to you are exempt from Japanese taxes. (Prices listed on our web shop include Japanese 10% tax.)
- We accept returns on items that are not damage and have not been used.
- No returns on knives that have been name engraved.
- We are not responsible for the return shipping fees.
- Refunds on purchased items will be issued once they have been returned and inspected.
For any issues, questions, or inquires on other items we might have in our shop, please email us with a reply to the following questions:
- Are you left or right-handed?
- Are you looking for a general-purpose knife, small petty knife, a special single bevel fish knife or something else?
- Do you have a preference on stain-resistant steel or carbon steel (carbon steel will oxidize or rust)?
- What is your desired blade length (heel to tip)?
- Do you have a preference on Japanese style handle vs western style full tang handle?
- Do you also need a whetstone for knife maintenance?
- Did you have a budget in mind for the items?
Please email your questions or inquiry to:
Since our knife selection is constantly changing, we do not have a set catalog.
Once we know your knife preferences from the above questions, we can respond with pictures of items that fit your preferences. Any additional details on your knife preferences will also help us to try and find the correct knife for you.